Table of Contents
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym form of Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a set of processes that helps you to get “Free”, “Organic” and “Non-Paid” traffic on your website. SEO is the process which optimizes the website in such a way that it makes the websites to rank for several targeting keywords in Search Engines.
The SEO activities can be divided into 2 important parts –
- On-Page Optimization
- Off-Page Optimization
On-Page Optimization is a process to optimize the website in respect of targeted keywords and location. It contains important changes to the website. The On-Page Optimization is performed on the same website for which the SEO is being done.
Major Elements of On-Page Optimization
- Website Speed Optimization
- Website Responsiveness
- Content Optimization
- Metas Optimization
- Image Optimization
- Internal Link Optimization
- Call-to-Action Optimization
- And Technical Optimization.
Overall, On-page Optimization covers the changes being done on the website in order to get it ranked in Search Engines for targeted keywords.
The things which are being done off the website (Not on our website), comes into the Off-Page Optimization. In Off-Page Optimization, you try to get the backlinks for your website with the help of several off-page activities.
Basically, with the help of Off-Page SEO, you create Brand Awareness, Trust, and Revelation of our services or products.
Search Engines use links to determine the quality of content on the website. If a website is linked to more websites it means people are loving its content and they love to connect with it.
How to Get Backlinks?
Getting backlinks is one of the most crucial parts of SEO. The more quality number of backlinks builds more exposure for your website. Here, I am sharing a few of the methods to get quality backlinks:-
- Create Quality Content
- Guest Blogging
- Blog Commenting
- Quora Posting
- Set-up Social Media Accounts and do regular posting
- Press Release
- Create Media (Images, PPT, Infographics & Videos)
Importance of SEO in Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing is a set of different activities on different platforms. SEO is one of the most important activities in digital marketing. If you are running your business on the website the importance of SEO increases more. Any business which is mostly dependent on the website, it should go for SEO services.
If you want to have a website to provide the information to the people it may not require SEO services. But if you are using your website for conversion purposes such as sale, lead generation, subscription, and more then you need SEO for your website.
Why SEO Is Important For Businesses?
There are few good points that describe why SEO is important for business and why the business owner must take the SEO services for their business and website. Find the following strong reasons-
- Visibility – SEO helps the website to be more visible to the relevant people. The website comes more frequently in Google searches while people ask any query related to your business. Optimizing your websites gives you a higher chance to appear in google searches. Once you start ranking higher for more keywords your visibility also will go higher.
- Organic Traffic – For any website:s traffic, the Organic Traffic is 70% more responsible. This is the main reason that SEO is important for your business. SEO is the best way to get lots of traffic on the website. Organic Traffic has the capacity to make a flow of traffic on your website.
Once you get a higher position in google it will be very easy to get a high volume of traffic on a daily basis. And it will remain for a long time. This is a major benefit of the SEO campaign. When you do SEO you actually play a long time game.
SEO (Organic) traffic is more convertible so the organic traffic is profitable too. According to a study SEO traffic converts 10x higher than Social Media and Paid Traffic.
- Trust and Credibility – SEO has the power to make any brand more trustworthy, stronger, and well-recognized. Actually, the prior goal should be building trust among your audiences.
The people should find your business on Google in the best way when they make any searches with your brand name. You should provide them a solution when they land on your website. Providing a solution will make your brand more credible. The customers would like to visit you again. In this way, you will keep winning the matches against your competitors.
- A Long-Term Game – SEO is an investment. It is opposite of the paid campaigns. In paid campaigns, you will be getting leads or traffic till you are paying for that. While SEO is a long term game. You will be getting the traffic and leads even if you stop the campaign for a while. Sometimes SEO gives you a quick result and sometimes it takes time. But once the SEO is done in a proper way; it is long-lasting. Therefore, SEO is important for business for short term and long term goals.
- SEO Is Cost-Effective – In comparison to paid campaigns, SEO is a cost-effective campaign. It may not give you instant results but once started it will be long-lasting. While in paid marketing, as long as you pay; your ads will be appearing. Once you stop paying your ads will disappear. As SEO plays a long term game, this is why it is a cost-effective campaign.
- SEO Is The ROI King – There is no surprise in saying that SEO has the highest ROI in comparison to other marketing aspects. As SEO is a Cost-Effective and Long Term Game; it makes it a more ROI oriented campaign. Therefore, there is no doubt calling SEO an ROI king.
Why SEO Matters?
SEO is not only about traffic and ranking. It is also about how the people are reacting once they land on the website. Good SEO means Better User Experience too. If people are landing on the website but they are not interacting or engaging with the pages; this is not going to be beneficial for you. SEO makes the website:-
- More Engaging
- User Experience
- Mobile Friendly
- Better Page Speed
- Responsive Design
- User-Oriented Website Architecture
SEO Saves You From Google Updates
The best part of taking SEO services for your website prevents you from being penalized. Google has already released several google updates to provide the best search results to the users. It prevents the website to rank which contains copied content, spam links, vulgar content, and more. The SEO helps you to prevent from these google updates and lets you rank higher always.
Benefits of SEO
We have just seen some pretty good reasons why business owners must take SEO services. There are some benefits of SEO-
- SEO services provide you the quality traffic which always has a greater conversion rate in comparison to paid ads.
- SEO Services are cost-effective as you don’t need to pay always to get the traffic like the paid ads.
- SEO services help you to improve the user experience on your website so that users don’t leave your website even without taking any action. It improves the bounce rate and dwell time of your website.
- SEO Services help you to convert your business or products into a brand. It increases its value.
- SEO Services open the gate for those customers too who may come from Email Marketing, Social Media, or Paid Ads but somehow they couldn’t come.
How Does SEO Work?
Search Engine Optimization makes the website in such a way that Search Engines and Users both like to interact and find it useful. The website should be informative, easily interactive, and user friendly. To understand it in an easy way, we can breakdown it in following segments-
In this segment, The SEOs make changes on the website in order to make it Search Engine and User friendly. On-Page SEO contains several practices which contain the following part of the website-
- Content – Content is one of the most important parts of any website. It conveys the user and search engine crawler about the services or information you are providing. The Search Engines crawler primarily check the following things in the content in respect of your services-
- Content Relevancy
- Content Quality
- Content Freshness
- Website Architecture – This is another most important part for the search engine crawler to find the best web page and show them in SERP. The Search Engine bot looks for better architecture and layout of the website. A website with a bad architecture and layout can affect the followings-
- Crawl Efficiency
- Mobile Friendliness
- Website Speed
- Technical Optimization – It contains the most and several important changes in the website. The followings are some important changes which come under the Technical Optimization –
- Title Tags
- Meta Description Tag
- heading Tags
- Alt Tag and more.
Owing to so much importance, let us see how SEO is relevantly important for your business –
Pay According To Your Budget
Before going to have SEO services from any consultancy, you can see their pricing list and choose the consultancy according to your budget. Here you don’t need to pay daily to get the daily traffic. Although it is a long term activity and it doesn’t provide the result instantly. Sometimes you have to wait for the result patiently.
Once you start getting traffic, it will be for a long time. Later It does not require much effort as you were putting in initially. If you wish you can ask your SEO Consultancy to stop the work for a few months but it may be a blunder to stop it forever or for a long time. Stopping SEO for a long time may impact badly and you may lose your ranking and traffic. So, choose the time wisely according to your business and budget.
A Higher ROI
Many surveys have revealed that SEO is a marketing strategy with the highest ROI. It is cost-effective and provides results for a long time. There is no doubt that sometimes it takes more time than expected in giving the result, still, it is a more profitable campaign for any online business. SEO ensures that you are able to generate valuable Click-Through Rates and a higher ROI.
SEO Benefits Your Other Digital Marketing Strategy
Yes, this is again a good thing with SEO. SEO never runs alone whether it is a success or failure. SEO helps you in other marketing campaigns such as Paid Ads, Social Media, Email Marketing, and more. If SEO is working fine for you, you are not going for a blast on other campaigns’ failures.
SEO is the best marketing option for any online business. It doesn’t matter how old or new your business is. It works with the same enthusiasm in both scenarios. So, if you are hoping for a high ROI for the long term; invest in SEO. Choose SEO Services according to your business nature. It may be seasonal, local, global, or multi-location business. Tese all types of businesses have slightly different SEO strategies and so the budget.
Let us know if you are looking for SEO services, we would love to help you.